roblox84

CCTV only showing black and white

I have a 4 channel Amcrest 720p system and only 1 out of 4 cameras are displaying color. I tried switching channels to see if the DVR was at fault as well hooking up a replacement camera to the 3 to see if the cameras were at fault but still the same 3 cameras remain only black and white. I've also tried taking the power plug from the camera that's displaying color and plugging it into the other 3 but that didn't change their color either.

When I unplug the power from the 3 broken cameras and plug it back in they will display color for maybe half a second and then go back to black and white so i'm thinking that if the cables were bad they wouldn't show color for that half a second either. Does anyone have any suggestions for what the issue might be i'm really stuck on what to try next since i've basically done everything I could?

I would guess at the light sensor in the camera is faulty & it thinks it is night time thereby switching to IR. For it to happen in 3 of your 4 cameras seems to be stretching it a little. Maybe caused by a power spike? If it is under warranty get them replaced.

This is why it is so important to get a reasonable warranty when you buy entry level gear.

They are sending me two more replacement cameras to try which i'll be receiving tomorrow but i'm not sure its going to fix it because I already tried one replacement camera they sent me on those channels and it was still black and white. I don't know what else to check because it's very unlikely that 3 cameras or 3 cables are bad. I also don't think it's the DVR because when I switch the one camera that display's color to all the other channels it still works fine. I'm going to try the replacements they are sending me but if that doesn't fix it i'm not sure what else I can do.

On 5/5/2019 at 4:33 PM, TEchMark said:

The camera only showing black and white color can be due to mode selection. you can switch PAL, NTSC mode using CCTV camera small reset switch.

You can follow step by step solution for CCTV camera only showing black & White Here

Wow what a load of crap. If that’s your answer to black and white ..... change job 

Check how old posts are before you link crap adverts and fill the forum full of your crap