Sign in to follow this  
bentech

IP CAM 1.3MP versus 3MP

Hi ,

I need to install many 1.3MP IP cams (varifocal 2.8-12mm & 4mm) that I already bought.

The question is : Is it much better a 3MP ? Will it be a big difference ?

1.3MP---1280X1024 (1 310 720 pixels)

3MP-----2048X1536 (3 145 728 pixels)

Thanks

Also , I saw dome HD Analog cams. Are they good product compare to IP ?

If you are going to watch your cameras on a TV which is upto 20" , the 1.3 Mp is good. , if its 32" , then the 2MP is fine. Enjoying the resolution of 3MP on a smaller LED wont be making much difference. Another advantage to have a 3MP or a 2MP camera is that when u zoom and see a particular area using your NVR or your PC system , the image wont break much , and imagine if your zooming a number plate , the image would be much more clearer if you have a 2MP or a 3MP Camera. So it comes down to a simple choice , where i would be zooming and where the area is important , u install the 3 MP there , some areas 2 MP , and the not so important places 1.3 MP . Good luck

Thanks for the reply.

It will not go that deep (i.e : check liscence plate) but at least , checking face of people.

Thanks for the reply.

It will not go that deep (i.e : check liscence plate) but at least , checking face of people.

in this case, 1.3 is good enough. but be careful of what you buy as some of the camera are just claimed to be 1.3 but with terrible image qualities