texas6023

Recommendations for hidden indoor camera for dark room

Ok. I have gone through wireless cameras, hidden cameras, night vision cameras and still disappointed. I would like to have a camera that is able to capture video in a 100% dark atmosphere. Doesn't have to be perfect but atleast 15feet distance not have to be in inches in front of camera.. I have a jumbl hidden clock camera with infrared but in 100% dark atmosphere no video is detected. I would like the infrared lights to be undetected and an indoor camera capable of viewing in 100% dark room and what Dvr would be required?

Currently I have outside surveillance and work ok but cameras have visible infrared lights so not able to use those indoors for this purpose. Thanks

What do you guys recommend?

I am using a small Talos MCP650. I too can't have visible IR, but fortunately a TV is usually on or a computer monitor so never really need for pitch black.

I will follow this thread for suggestions however.

Ok I'm going to look into both the models you guys suggested. I am using the jumbl mini spy cam because it claimed to have infrared undetectable night vision but it doesn't show anything unless you are right in front of it. Also it was easy to playback video without needing a separate Dvr.

I did try with tv on behind the jumbl video camera but it was like it was never there. It didn't detect any lighting from it. So I'll try moving the camera on opposite end but the quality is still poor.

Thanks for replies

I would just like to capture activity in my master bedroom while I am away from home. I have a 42 inch tv in there but the light coming off tv didn't help. Also I already have a dvr setup with exterior survelleince. But those camera have visible red infrared led so can't use those cameras and not be detected. I am not sure about the brand dvr I have though. Maybe I can find a camera compatible and have the undetectable lighting.

Budget? Well I am hoping I don't have to buy another dvr. But my budget Would be 500 bucks. Of course I spend more if the camera is with it.

I would just like to capture activity in my master bedroom while I am away from home. I have a 42 inch tv in there but the light coming off tv didn't help. Also I already have a dvr setup with exterior survelleince. But those camera have visible red infrared led so can't use those cameras and not be detected. I am not sure about the brand dvr I have though. Maybe I can find a camera compatible and have the undetectable lighting.

Budget? Well I am hoping I don't have to buy another dvr. But my budget Would be 500 bucks. Of course I spend more if the camera is with it.

Maybe Mic will help ?

Edited by Guest

Maybe Mic will help ?

I put a mic in with the Talos camera...

Well the jumbl spy camera I have which is actually built into a digital clock has a microphone but the tv sound drowns it out. So I'm definitely moving camera to opposite end of room...

I hope the jumbl isn't the best I can find for this.. I did look up the talos but that isn't meant for night vision.

By the way my exterior survelleince doesn't have a microphone but how would I go about installing one? My dvr shows volume adjustment but there isn't any sound recorded or produced

I am going to try this camera out.

http://www.cctvcamerapros.com/Hidden-Infrared-PIR-Camera-p/pir-ir60.htm

Not sure if it is compatible with my defender dvr but will look at the connection when I am home. Not sure how the video can be seen if light and camera are behind the film cover...