parth99

Problem with IR Switching

Hello,

I installed CCTV System in my home 7 months back. I opted for the HDCVI system by Dahua. The DVR I have is Dahua DH-HCVR5108C-V2, the 8 ch mini. Initially I started with 6 Cameras (2 Bullet Metal Body, 2 Bullet Plastic Body and 2 Indoor Dome cameras), all except plastic ones are 1 MP. I later found out that the plastic ones are actually analog cameras but work fine with my DVR. The metallic ones and one plastic bullet are Dahua, rest are CP PLUS Coral HDCVI. The power supply i got is an ERD 8 camera supply.

I recently purchased 2 more outdoor Vandalproof Metallic body Cameras. Both CP PLUS Coral but 2 MP.

I opted for 1080p Cameras as they were supported by my DVR but gave non realtime recording (12 fps) which was fine with me. I replaced the front gate facing Camera (1MP Dahua bullet Metal one) and front yard camera (Dahua Plastic Analog Bullet) (both worked absolutely fine) by these two full HD cameras. I did this in Evening when light was low so both cameras started on IR and looked Fine to me.

Next day even when sun was out these new cameras were showing black and white image. In both the areas light is good. I switched off the power supply and turned it back on then camera images turned to color. Afterward the camera facing the Front Yard started working fine but on some days it doesn't switch to color image. The front gate facing camera is always Black and White even when sun is up, light levels at this position are maximum in comparison to other positions. When I switch the power supply off and back on the cameras switches to color vision.

Also I feel the color is not sharp in these 2 cameras in comparision to the older cameras and image size is roughly the same (isn't 1080p has a larger image area than a 720p?). Camera encode in DVR is automatically set to 1080p.

What can be the problem with image switching?

Plz help

Camera image turns black and white during low light and doesnt turn color when light is ample but sometimes it does.

20150911112916.jpg.2a1d9c328168d646ad88d59ad71aec89.jpg