Shplad

Suggestions for someone stealing/vandalizing realtor's sign

Hi everyone:

I am more of a beginner at CCTV, but have a little basic knowledge, and a lot of computer experience. I used to be an IT technician.

I have a friend who is a realtor. Someone (a competitor maybe) is damaging/vandalizing his signs that he puts on properties for sale.

He is on a tight budget, probably only a couple hundred dollars. Is there any kind of solution for cameras maybe with built-in memory cards which might capture both sides of a realtor's sign?

The sign is made up of a vertical 4"x4" post approximately 6 feet high. The crossbeam mounted to it is also a 4"x4" piece of wood.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Unfortunately, there is no power source near the sign. Ideally, we'd want the camera(s) to be on the sign. We don't know where else we could put them, frankly.

Set some traps, get another sign to put next to it, something flashy that will get attention/annoy the possible competitor and then have a handheld camera and wait that night and see if someone shows up if you have no other options. New objects may attract the vandal

Boogieman:

That seems interesting. Will take a look.

badmop:

That won't work for us, as the realtor lives about 50km away from the houses for sale.