BrownChiLD

CCTV with Text Insertion via TCP

hi Guys

I'm looking into these CCTV POS integration solutions and realized they are so expensive , requiring null modems, etc to interface w/ serial ports and all.

So i decided to have a different approach to better meet the budget capability of our local market (3rd world country baby! lol)

I will be targeting POS software that can communicate via TCP/IP only.

I will be requiring the POS Software developers to add a small code in their software to send transaction data (plain text) via HTTP POST to server on local network

Server (this one i will develop) will then receive this data and store in mysql

I pretty much got the above figured out and we're now testing this.

My next problem now is to have a software/CMS that can stream/playback video from ipcams or storage and load my text from database according to timestamp.

So my questions are:

1) Do you guys think this is a good idea/method?

2) Is there a CMS software that can do this already? Most solutions i've seen require you to buy the hardware etc. i just need the software really.

3) Any other pointers for me?

Regards

BC

hi Guys

I'm looking into these CCTV POS integration solutions and realized they are so expensive , requiring null modems, etc to interface w/ serial ports and all.

So i decided to have a different approach to better meet the budget capability of our local market (3rd world country baby! lol)

I will be targeting POS software that can communicate via TCP/IP only.

I will be requiring the POS Software developers to add a small code in their software to send transaction data (plain text) via HTTP POST to server on local network

Server (this one i will develop) will then receive this data and store in mysql

I pretty much got the above figured out and we're now testing this.

My next problem now is to have a software/CMS that can stream/playback video from ipcams or storage and load my text from database according to timestamp.

So my questions are:

1) Do you guys think this is a good idea/method?

2) Is there a CMS software that can do this already? Most solutions i've seen require you to buy the hardware etc. i just need the software really.

3) Any other pointers for me?

Regards

BC

Have a look

Avigilon POS integration

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b_FD_1n4eM