cctv_survivor

Opinions on Mace CAM43CIR

What are your opinions on the Mace CAM43CIR? I have seen a couple posts about the CAM53CIR but not the 43. The thing I like about the 43 is its appearance. Since I will be installing cams on the outside of my house (under the eaves) it is important that they look like flood lights. I think the 43 fits the bill. I would like to know how it performs otherwise. I'm no expert so if the camera is decent quality (and only $100) then these should work for me. Please let me your opinion and if other cameras are out there that look like flood lights and are around $100.00 and if it has white housing that would be even better.

the problem with those bullet style cameras is that if they are low enough for somebody to reach, then chances are your camera will be ripped off!

The camera's infrared led's will attract attention and somebody already snooping around your house will have no problem stealing your camera!

You may look into an outside armor dome. If you need infrared you can find them with IR's but if you have enough light outside already, then you won't need IR and the camera will stay a little more hidden.

I really don't think I'll have any problems with people trying to rip off my cameras. They'll be mounted high on the eaves of the house about 8-9'. Also these cameras look like flood lights so I don't think my neighbors will necessarily know what they are.

The 43 and 53 are the same camera, as far as appearence. Don't let the online resellers fool you.

The 43's dont look like this: 40986_1.gif

They all look like the 53. you may get one with a 1/4 Sharp 420 TVL or 1/3 Sony 470 TVL. It's a lottery with those online retailers. To tell you the truth the 53 is only a 420TVL camera. But in my opinion the best bullet IR cam for the money. I worked at Mace for 3 1/2 years and had a lot of experience with those cameras.

i would go with the 53 instead of the 43. And why do you want them to look like floodlights if people cant rip them off? Honesly I have numerous cameras around my house. On the outside I honstely have 9. And its a perfectly square house. Well 4 of those are for testing and 5 for my personal system. And the other day one of my neighbors saw me adjusting a camera during the day. Well that was the first time he ever knew their was cameras!?!?!?! I was shocked. I mean I these are not hidden cameras. The one I was adjusting was in a pelco outdoor housing. Point of the story, People dont look up. Mount it above the normal area people ever look and chances are they will never even notice it.

its a cheap camera as with all Color IR OEM Bullets, dont depend on it for any kind of decent night time vision ... you basically get what you pay for.

its a decent camera for the price. Dont expect 500 feet out of it. But definitly a good camera for the price.

Hey well you know me .. im sending a bunch of WizKid Domes back cause im not happy with the image .. and the shipping both ways cost almost as much as all 6 cameras put together ..

Rory, If you have any still shots or video can you post them or send me some samples.

I wasn't impressed at all on their color bullet camera either. I have some video I took before I sent it back and I think some of the MACE cameras are better?

The WZ46 is good from using it before, and I did use the WZ30 before, but it was a color high res version, these were the 400TVL BW versions - whats that saying - you get what you pay for??

I emailed you the comparison in a zip file - those Provideo Bullet Cameras are still the best Ive seen yet for the price .. but bullet cameras are no good anymore for this nightclub app due to vandalism that has taken place in the past.

its a cheap camera as with all Color IR OEM Bullets, dont depend on it for any kind of decent night time vision ... you basically get what you pay for.

Yea you do get what you pay for, but for the money the 53 will outperform any other IR OEM bullet. For night vision, its great. There is a nice broad, bright spectrum of IR. Of course it's not going to perform as well as Extreme's cams, but their 10 times the price. Sometimes there is no need for that much IR or for that expensive of a camera. For convenience, retail, small businesses it's a perfect camera, Plus you get an integrated mic, which works pretty good. And their failure rate is very low.

Yea you do get what you pay for, but for the money the 53 will outperform any other IR OEM bullet. For night vision, its great. There is a nice broad, bright spectrum of IR. Of course it's not going to perform as well as Extreme's cams, but their 10 times the price. Sometimes there is no need for that much IR or for that expensive of a camera. For convenience, retail, small businesses it's a perfect camera, Plus you get an integrated mic, which works pretty good. And their failure rate is very low.

I cant stand bad color production though .. id rather just BW ...

True, daytime color production is decent, but nightime is B&W so that doesn't matter. Cmon for $100+ what else could ya get.

What if I told you they were made in Japan??

doesnt matter, its not True BW its just the Chroma removed. BW will always be much much better, but then thats why you pay more for it.

Provideo ... just not with the same iR distance .. but hey, install a light

Its great night time quality though ... hence the idea of the module for a budget Color only camera and a BW only camera .. dual cameras with switchover for cheap ...

Edited by Guest

nah wont get a true day night in that price range, but personally i would do without and add more light, i just cant stand bad images .. that or sell them the $20 Cmos Color IR cameras from China ..

Based on the comments I think this camera will fit my needs...heck this is kind of like a hobby for me, I don't need a $300 camera

Another question tho. I like the camera most retailers have PICTURED on their sites as the 43. So if the 43 is not the one in the pictures when what camera is that?? and where can i get it??

I like 43 better than the 53 even tho. the 53 maybe a slightly better camera. One thing that is important to me is making sure it doesn't look like radio shack exploded on the outside of my house.

yeah i think it will be okay for your home, heck the Cmos camera would be too .. anything is better than nothing sometimes ...

Based on the comments I think this camera will fit my needs...heck this is kind of like a hobby for me, I don't need a $300 camera

Another question tho. I like the camera most retailers have PICTURED on their sites as the 43. So if the 43 is not the one in the pictures when what camera is that?? and where can i get it??

I like 43 better than the 53 even tho. the 53 maybe a slightly better camera. One thing that is important to me is making sure it doesn't look like radio shack exploded on the outside of my house.

There maybe a few more in that housing style left. But, from what I remember there all like the 53. Please call the re-seller before making any purchases to make sure 100%. I think you will be satisfied with the 53's performance and looks. They are pretty small, much smaller than they look from the pics.