bdave39

Help....None Of My PTZ Camera is detecting!

Can someone help me solve this problem. Trying to connect 3 ptz camera to my analog system. i see video but the on screen menu is saying "Zero Detection" for all cameras. I know everything is wired right to my dvr. So i took 2 of the cameras and tested them straight from the dvr and every thing works perfect. But when connecting them to the cables i ran out side im getting "Zero Detection". Do you guys think the problem can be my rs485 cable? what should i try? Thanks alot!

Can someone help me solve this problem. Trying to connect 3 ptz camera to my analog system. i see video but the on screen menu is saying "Zero Detection" for all cameras. I know everything is wired right to my dvr. So i took 2 of the cameras and tested them straight from the dvr and every thing works perfect. But when connecting them to the cables i ran out side im getting "Zero Detection". Do you guys think the problem can be my rs485 cable? what should i try? Thanks alot!

Hi,did you cable the RS485 cable to DVR and setup the right baudrate?

Sean

www.smart-views.com

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did. When I test the cameras everything works fine.But when I hooked them to the lines from my old system none of them is working.Do you think I should run all new lines for the three PTZ cameras?

Thanks for the reply. Yes I did. When I test the cameras everything works fine.But when I hooked them to the lines from my old system none of them is working.Do you think I should run all new lines for the three PTZ cameras?

Hi have you given each camera an address ?

Which recorder and cameras are you using also how have you cabled the data cable rs585

Yes one is the default 1. One is 254 and one is 12. Like I said all three cameras works fine when I test them. Im able to get to the cameras menu on all three. The problem is when I install them on my lines I already run none is being detected. Im trying to figure out why when I test them on new lines I can see the video but not being detected.

Yes one is the default 1. One is 254 and one is 12. Like I said all three cameras works fine when I test them. Im able to get to the cameras menu on all three. The problem is when I install them on my lines I already run none is being detected. Im trying to figure out why when I test them on new lines I can see the video but not being detected.

Your not going to have a address of 254 ...... Address is the number of your camera so your address to make it easy should be 01-02-03

No one knows how you have cabled up your data which is why I asked how

What type of data cable how far are the runs. And you still have not said equipment used

I just spent 3hours today running brand new cable to one of my ptz cameras. It worked fine for about two hours and it started the same thing again rebooting itself about every 15 to 20 seconds and saying "ZERO DETECTION" during this 15 to 30 seconds I have control of the camera before it reboot gain. Also changed the power adapter and that didn't help.

Im using a ELEC dvr

Im using cheap cable off ebay. And 1 100 ft.run and 2 60 ft.runs. they all saying the same thing and having trouble controlling the cameras.

System:8 channel dvr from ELEC. Two ptz cameras I pick up on ebay and the cameras that came with the system. Cable is the cheap analog cable off of eBay also. Starting to think its my ptz camera. I had to go in the menu and cut the IR off completely to get it to work right.

System:8 channel dvr from ELEC. Two ptz cameras I pick up on ebay and the cameras that came with the system. Cable is the cheap analog cable off of eBay also. Starting to think its my ptz camera. I had to go in the menu and cut the IR off completely to get it to work right.

Then it is a power problem you have ......how many amps does it need ?

By switching off IR more power is used for camera

Still need to know cable type and size and which cable for data

Can you not post pictures of your equipment to make your post easier

It's like me calling tyre house and saying I need two tyres for my car ...... All I know is there round and black

Then it is a power problem you have ......how many amps does it need ?

By switching off IR more power is used for camera

Still need to know cable type and size and which cable for data

Can you not post pictures of your equipment to make your post easier

It's like me calling tyre house and saying I need two tyres for my car ...... All I know is there round and black

instruction manual is saying "AC 12V 3A. Cable pic is below

150680312_(KGrHqZHJB!FH6NrroV3BSBZiBeqPQ60_57.thumb.JPG.f9c61201d593259beb73c27f139f619c.JPG

Cable is your first problem needs to be replaced

Cable is to small for power

Cable is not. 75ohm

Swap cable out for cat5 with baluns

Use 1 pair for video 1 pair for data and rest for power

Cable is your first problem needs to be replaced

Cable is to small for power

Cable is not. 75ohm

Swap cable out for cat5 with baluns

Use 1 pair for video 1 pair for data and rest for power

Thanks Tom, ill do that and see what happens