knight0fnever

Random High Disk Usage on VMS

Let me start in saying that I am a complete newbie to VMS systems, but we're having small, annoying issues with our CCTV.

We are using Luxriot VMS in our stores and occasionally it'll randomly jump to 99+% disk usage and slow our computers down for about 30 minutes. I've also noticed lower than normal network usage for the program at that time.

Is the computer not able to reach the server so it's locally storing the video feed until connection is restored? Or am I just dumb and this is normal behavior?

Thanks in advance for any help!

26848991_GXOuu67-Imgur.thumb.jpg.bb5f301a405bbdd893e87ad129b8c9ae.jpg

Sorry not really understand part about "Is the computer not able to reach the server so it's locally storing the video feed until connection is restored? " you speak of client PC or server PC in this context? Client application only allows view live video, archives and configure software, all storing/recording takes place at server only.

If server: What settings you made in storage properties? Server->Selected Server->Tasks-> Recording properties

It's recommended quota settings there to take not whole storage space, but to be limitws to 85-90 % of available storage. As software deletes oldest data to replace it with new one, so you do require swap space.