grooster

Hikvision DS-7208HGHI-SH - Cameras displaying B&W

I have a strange problem. I bought a Hikvision DS-7208HGHI-SH dvr last week and bought 2 HD cameras at the same time. I also had 3 old analogue ones off my old system. These all work great, no problems with the image.

I bought 2 HD 1080p analogue cameras off eBay and plugged them into ports 6 and 7 and they only display in black and white. I’ve gone through all the settings on the cameras own menu and even restored the setting back to the original.

Ive swapped the cameras to the ports I know are working in colour and they are still black and white.

I have got in touch with the seller who got in touch and says this,

I am so sorry to hear this. However, there is no setting within the camera's osd that can cause that. Therefore, you must look into your DVR settings. What encoding are you using for the channel. Is the DVR 1080P compatible?

Now I’ve looked everywhere on the systems settings but can’t find where I would find out what encoding I am using.

If anybody can help me it would really be appreciated.

Thanks

I have a strange problem. I bought a Hikvision DS-7208HGHI-SH dvr last week and bought 2 HD cameras at the same time. I also had 3 old analogue ones off my old system. These all work great, no problems with the image.

I bought 2 HD 1080p analogue cameras off eBay and plugged them into ports 6 and 7 and they only display in black and white. I’ve gone through all the settings on the cameras own menu and even restored the setting back to the original.

Ive swapped the cameras to the ports I know are working in colour and they are still black and white.

I have got in touch with the seller who got in touch and says this,

I am so sorry to hear this. However, there is no setting within the camera's osd that can cause that. Therefore, you must look into your DVR settings. What encoding are you using for the channel. Is the DVR 1080P compatible?

Now I’ve looked everywhere on the systems settings but can’t find where I would find out what encoding I am using.

If anybody can help me it would really be appreciated.

Thanks

grooster, I can't give you an answer but I have a similar problem. Had an analog hd 720p system (sentient) with 4 cameras all working in colour and when the box broke I purchased a Swann DVR8-4400 - 8 Channel 720p and the Sentient cameras are only displaying in black and white. Both are Analog 720p systems. Maybe someone will give us both the same answer...

ps I also tried changing video system from pal to ntsc and back in the menu but that didn't help...but you could try as well...

Edited by Guest

I’ve been having another look at the problem today, going through all the settings. I had a look again through the instructions and you can press the menu button left for 5 seconds and it puts the camera into CVBS mode (low quality). The camera displays in colour. When I put it back into AHD it turns black and white again.

I also thought maybe the camera is set up in NTSC mode and the DVR is PAL but this didn’t help either.

From memory I think some of the HD swann DVRs are made by Hikvision, I may be wrong but i’m sure I read it somewhere.

Its really annoying as I just want to get the system set up and finished off.

I’ve been having another look at the problem today, going through all the settings. I had a look again through the instructions and you can press the menu button left for 5 seconds and it puts the camera into CVBS mode (low quality). The camera displays in colour. When I put it back into AHD it turns black and white again.

LOL... AHD cameras, really?

So you are trying to use AHD cameras on a HDTVI Hikvision unit? If you bought all of it at the same time, that is one smart seller.

AHD and HDTVI do not work toguether.

LOL... AHD cameras, really?

So you are trying to use AHD cameras on a HDTVI Hikvision unit? If you bought all of it at the same time, that is one smart seller.

AHD and HDTVI do not work toguether.

Ok, so I'm guessing I'm also guilty of not realising that 720p can be HDTVI OR (I think) HDCVI (same as AHD?) which my Sentient is - which is why I'm also getting black and white. The Swann is probably HDTVI even though it doesn't specify on the box.

If someone can recommend a decent AHD box (that has a power button and remote unlike my previous crap Sentient box) to suit my cameras please let me know.

There are three used formats now; HDCVI, HDTVI and AHD (I won't count HDSDI). They are not compatible, so your cameras have to be the same format as your DVR.

Pity the Swann box didn't say so! Thanks Securame. If you can recommend a AHD DVR.....!

DOH, what a mistake to make. Stupid me thought that because they were HD and had an analogue BNC connection it would be ok. Thank god they only cost me £19.00 on eBay. I’ll get them sold and the correct ones bought.

Thanks for your help

Can't recommend anything AHD; I haven't used it at all.

grooster, yours is a very good unit. Use it with good 1080p HDTVI cameras, and you will have a great system.