KrCCTV

Ideas? 20 Point (18 fixed, 2 PTZ) Analog Wireless 1500' Max.

Hey folks - Any suggestions appreciated.

Have a Dealer / Installer locked-in on an app. for 20 cameras total (18 fixed, 2 PTZ) - 1500' max, most under 1K' - all generally to the same (central) receiving location. Needs to be analog, non-multiplexed. Line-of-sight no problem here. Familiar with Microtek product but max. out at 15 total using both 2.4 GHz and 5.8 GHz (together with 900MHz for PTZ data). About to check out alternatives but thought I’d start here. Any suggestions of others that can do more or are “available frequenciesâ€

Even with VideoComm using 1.2, 2.4 & 5.8 together you max out around 16 ..

but you can probably add 900 Mhz for the PTZs and then you should be set ..

Check them out, they work well, i just did some VideoCom a couple weeks ago for someone.

Though that is the problem with Analogue wireless, limitation to the amount you can use in one particular direction. You should be able to use more once they are set in different directions though.

Rory

fighting it still .. need any help let me know will be online .. VideoCom were alot of help also BTW ... just gotta make sure its line of sight and pick a stronger set if pushing through any trees/bush or what not .. water slows it down and that includes trees BTW when they get wet from rain, and also human bodies .. mount them high off the ground and pointing at each other ..

Actually Rory... might just turn out to have been a GREAT suggestion of yours - - after a quick look at VideoComm I find that they can do 32 channels (for export only). I didn't mention that was an FCC free application (cuz I thought only of power benefits beyond the FCC's reach - - not added frequencies too). Anyway... will dig deeper. Again... thanks!

By the way... have distributed the Microtek product so I can appreciate all the "watch out for's" - - used to throw all those out there too (that's why I like their more flexible return policy - - this RF stuff is voodoo black magic if you ask me. You can't see it!) Thankfully no such issues here - - just a big parking lot and I'm just selling it to the poor folks thet get to install it. All that said I certainly want to help them get it right - - don't want it to come back!

Edited by Guest

No... I'm sure I could order it so long as it's not being installed in the US... don't you think?