naiefelyemeni

Guys whats better , power supply box or individual power ad?

Hi, i have been doing installs with power supply boxes, but half the times i would have power issues, is individual power supply for each camera better? safer?

The power supply boxes make for a cleaner install for me. I just did a car dealership this week (TVI) and used a power supply box in their server room where the DVR was.

But I do have customers where the individual power supplies were used. As far as longevity, I dunno...the little wall-warts are still chugging along after like 8-10 years on some of these installs I'm coming across.

When I'm not using POE off a switch or NVR, I prefer the PS boxes for a cleaner install and the fuse function. Also much easier for when (not if) the customer wants more cameras later.

The power supply boxes make for a cleaner install for me. I just did a car dealership this week (TVI) and used a power supply box in their server room where the DVR was.

But I do have customers where the individual power supplies were used. As far as longevity, I dunno...the little wall-warts are still chugging along after like 8-10 years on some of these installs I'm coming across.

When I'm not using POE off a switch or NVR, I prefer the PS boxes for a cleaner install and the fuse function. Also much easier for when (not if) the customer wants more cameras later.

I just installed a 10 camera system that uses 1 wall wart supply for the DVR and all the cameras. My issue with this is that any short anywhere will cause the supply to fail and take out the DVR also. I plan to run separate supply's on at least the DVR and maybe even split up some of the camera feeds. My cameras are fairly high but wires can still be cut pretty easy. I have several supplies available so not an issue.