Sign in to follow this  
jeromephone

multiple cameras in a parking garage

i am quoteing a camera job in a new parking structure. we will have a closet to run the camera feeds into. The customer will also provide a conduit 1.5" back to the main building approx 300' (25 cameras) I am thinking of housing the server in the main building and connecting the cameras to the server via cat 5 cable. We would probably run a 50 pair cat 5 or should I look at Fiber? Any ideas on costs or has anybody had good or bad luck with a particular mfg>

fider is going to push you beyond other competitors. CAT5 is the best way to go, just make sure you use active baluns in your quote as they provide the best video.

Why house the Server in the main building? Just wondering. The coser you get the "Server" to the actio i s best as long as it is protected/secure. You can run the Network via CTA5 to the main building and then use RG on the main install. You'll keep your cost down and will be able to compete.

Provide 2 quotes; (1) with the Server in the main and the other with the Server local................provide options upfront so that the client understands your quote as they will compare to others when they get them.

Good luck.

thanks for the reply. Since I posted we have gotten some more info Servers will have to be in parking structure as running fiber for ea camera will be out of sight. we will run three cat fives for video extenders (1 spare) and then we will run one 6 strand fiber to provide a ethernet connection for the servers. We will be doing emergency phones also but we have an and additional conduit for that and we can run 25 pair copper for those