libertysurveillance

Another wierd setup few baseball fields

These people are on a very tight budget. It's for the local little league, which brings in little to no money, and is mainly funded by the city.

Thier problem is people are coming up with 4 wheelers and destroying the property, the in/out fields. They are putting up fencing wherever they can but they still manage to get in. Also just regular teenagers and such going there destroy stuff, painting on walls, even setting bleechers on fire.

As you can see from the pictures below there are two places to get power from. Though that middle field is going to be a problem, and to keep the price down i was thinking for the middle field cameras maybe using solar (anyone have any experience?).

But my main problem is, how can i keep this cheap.. what cameras should i use for this app to get the best possible image while keeping cost down. I tried to explain to the lady the whole field of view issue, she was suggesting one camera for each field. Told her that 1 camera would catch a lot, but you wouldnt make out what your looking at.

Anyone have some input as to what would be a cost effective way to handle this?

field.jpg

Your going to have a tough time identifying anything with just 1 camear per field. If the place was fully fenced with just a few openings you could put cameras in those controlled entrances.......your budget is going to be your biggest enemy! What kind of dollars are you working with?

These cameras have worked great for a few setups.....long rnage infrared, 5-50mm varifocal, outdoor rated.....

CFC6300VF2.JPG

Just ordered 3 of those today, for another job. They have a real narrow range though on the IR, and they really arent worried to much about night.

I Guess most of htis is happening 3 - 8pm in the spring, summer

That leaves you open to just about any camera, but again, your budget is going to hinder you.

Your probably going to have to pole mount the cameras and ideally you'll need 3-5 cameras per pole. Where is the recording piece of equipment going to be?

Have you guys looked into security patrol?

check on some hunting camera's.................basically they are still photograph camera's that snap pics when motion is sensed. big chessy game hunters use them to ambush, I mean hunt.........real Hunters go hunting. Anyway, these things (I've never seen one or know where to get one) operate on batteries and are easily hidden, safeguarded. Maybe the answer you need to catch the little buggers.

Securitymonster, yea the people said something about hiring a guard, i think thats also their best bet. I'm doubting they want to spend the money its going to cost to do this right.

I really have no idea what their budget is, i just know its on the low end, now if thats 10 - 20k i really dont know..

I don't know about in the U.S but here in the U.K. security guards cost an absolute fortune and its a constant ongoing expense.

Geez, I did security guard work a few years back, got paid $20 for a 12 hour shift (6pm-6am) carrying a machete and a billy club ..

Haha, yep. It doesn't matter anyway, no one really shoots gaurds here... they just throw 'em a 20 and tell them to get lost for 30 minutes...