RichardP

Water proof camera for my aquarium

OK, I ahve decided to go and upgrade my Geo card instead of getting a decent DVR as a decent one is going to cost me near on a £1000. To sort out the PC and get the new geo card is about £500

What I am looking for is a camera that I can place within my aquarium. The aquarium is a marine tank (saltwater).

I dont want to spend much at at all as this is really just for fun on one of the spare ports. It will want to have quite a wide angle lens on it.

Any suggestions.

Maybe, you should check the the fish store experts. I don't think you can put metal in with salt water fish. I had some salt water fish and that was the first thing the store pointed out. You have to be carful about putting some types of rocks and/or gravel because they my contain iron. Anyway, I'm no exert on fish. But, I just wanted to warn you because the camer may cause harm to the fish. I know that some salt water fish are very expensive.

This is from that thread:

http://www.extremecctv.com/products/index.cfm?img=33

Note: the housing is made out of PVC.

Nevertheless, I just threw that in because of what I was told by the store that sold me the salt water fish. Other cameras listed in that thread are for deep sea diving. Meaning, the size of the tank could be a facter too.

I just wanted the fellow to check it out before - maybe - killing his fish.