Sign in to follow this  
hxdrummerxc

Can I install a PIR motion detector on this DVR?

Hello,

I have a dahua HCVR5108H-S2 dvr for my house. I recently upgraded to this dvr from an older analog dvr. I installed a few HD cameras which is MUCH better than my old camera quality.

But I am having a problem with the built in (pixel based) motion detection. I get false alarms on everything. Clouds, Sun, etc etc. I tried everything from turning the sensitivity all the way down, with threshold up, to turning sensitivity up with the threshold down. Etc. I set it up to where it will hardly even detect a human walking, but yet I still get hundreds of false alarm emails every day.

So I decided to give up with the crappy pixel based motion detection. I want to hook up a PIR motion detector to my system. That's when I realized that I cheaper out on my DVR, it doesn't have a full alarm in/out panel like my old analog dvr did.

The only thing that this dvr has, is a two small green and two small orange inputs that are labeled "A/B"

I'll try to post a picture of that connection. Is it possible to hook a PIR sensor to that? Or am I out of luck with this DVR?

EDIT

This is the connection that I'm asking about

279907_1.jpg

I believe that is for connecting PTZ cameras. So I'm assuming there is no way to hook up a PIR to this DVR? In other words, I either buy a new dvr or turn motion detection off and try to live without it?

Hello,

I have a dahua HCVR5108H-S2 dvr for my house. I recently upgraded to this dvr from an older analog dvr. I installed a few HD cameras which is MUCH better than my old camera quality.

But I am having a problem with the built in (pixel based) motion detection. I get false alarms on everything. Clouds, Sun, etc etc. I tried everything from turning the sensitivity all the way down, with threshold up, to turning sensitivity up with the threshold down. Etc. I set it up to where it will hardly even detect a human walking, but yet I still get hundreds of false alarm emails every day.

So I decided to give up with the crappy pixel based motion detection. I want to hook up a PIR motion detector to my system. That's when I realized that I cheaper out on my DVR, it doesn't have a full alarm in/out panel like my old analog dvr did.

The only thing that this dvr has, is a two small green and two small orange inputs that are labeled "A/B"

I'll try to post a picture of that connection. Is it possible to hook a PIR sensor to that? Or am I out of luck with this DVR?

EDIT

This is the connection that I'm asking about

279907_1.jpg

I believe that is for connecting PTZ cameras. So I'm assuming there is no way to hook up a PIR to this DVR? In other words, I either buy a new dvr or turn motion detection off and try to live without it?

Yep, it's serial data line to control PTZ