TriggerHappy

Magic Radar Networking Problem

Hi

I was wondering if somebody could provide some help with the Magic Radar DVR (LD16) .... the technical manuals are all but useless and I am pretty new to this area of security monitoring.

It is possible to configure the DVR to dial out on a modem when an Event occurs on the system. What kind of 'message' is sent when the connection is established? Should it be connecting to another computer with the remote software installed or will simply picking up the phone suffice?

Equally, when trying to dial in to the DVR, to stream current feeds through the remote client, no connection can be established - or rather the software does not recognise the modem ringing.

I know this sounds like a modem hardware related problem, but the modem has been tested on the DVR (with fax software) and it is working perfectly. Somewhere the software is doing something strange ...

Many thanks in advance for any help,

William

I'm sorry but I couldn't help saying something here. I'm not an exert on DVR's either and I'm anxious to hear what the experts on this site will have to say. Nevertheless, I believe what you're refering to is the unit will elert you via E-mail. The unit may send you a snap shot of the event as well. Like I said, I'll be interested in hearing what the experts have to say.

It does also have a feature where it e-mails you, but the Dial Alarm is a different one. When you pick up the phone on dial alarm event, all you can hear is the modem noises from the DVR.

What you are trying to do is not what it is ment to do. It only calls like a central station monitoring station to show up on screen when the marked event is triggered.

“Dial Alarmâ€

OK thanks crirvine.

That makes sense about the dialling out to a Central Station.

Still can't remotely connect to the server through a modem however. They are communicating but then just hangs after a while and the client software cannot load. Its not a user/password issue or a firewall issue.

Any ideas?

Cheers

William

Sorry I have never done one that way. We always connect through the internet broadband (dsl cable or wireless). Sorry I do not have a answer for you.