DaveFL

Need your Guidance - Quality Cameras

Hello,

I am looking to install an Outdoor Camera system for my home. This would be a 8 Camera system for a home roughly 3000 sq. ft. My budget per camera would about $400. I would like a camera that has amazing crisp quality with the ability to zoom in to a license tag or face if needed. Example of need: my mailbox is 150 ft. away from the house, I would like to get some quality coverage on it. The sides of my house and lot are pretty long stretches, about 150-200 ft. as well. I know night quality will not get even close to that, but I would like to see Day use be able to handle that. Please help me by telling me your recommended technology (IP, HDSDI, CVI, TVI, AHD) and a specific camera. Thank you in advance, your time is really appreciated.

David

So far, at the top of my list is:

1. HikVision 4MP WDR Vari-Focal Bullet IP Security Camera 2.8-12mm (Model: 2CD2642FWD-I)

2. HikVision 7716NI-SP/16 16 Channel POE Plug N Play Hi Def NVR Recorder

Any thoughts?

Surveillance cameras and CCTV systems vary in features and functionalities. I would start researching before you buy anything and make sure you understand the different technologies and options such as IP, analog, components and accessories.

Before you choosing one of the 2 cameras ,my suggestion is you'd better to learn the difference between the IP security camera and POE camera ,find out their advantages and disadvantages,then you'll know which is suitable for you .

1. HikVision 4MP WDR Vari-Focal Bullet IP Security Camera 2.8-12mm (Model: 2CD2642FWD-I)

Any thoughts?

When you go for IP camera system, please read the today's thread

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=47989.

4MP IP Cameras? Wow that may cause a lot compelxity to Playback/Saving.

I may recommend 720P IP, if you are confident with IP system.

You may go for HD-Analog systems (720P is good enough)-HD-AHD/HD-CVI/HD-TVI, for your home application.

Any thoughts?

When you go for IP camera system, please read the today's thread

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=47989.

4MP IP Cameras? Wow that may cause a lot compelxity to Playback/Saving.

I may recommend 720P IP, if you are confident with IP system.

You may go for HD-Analog systems (720P is good enough)-HD-AHD/HD-CVI/HD-TVI, for your home application.

There is no complexity. It may be too complex for you. Why dont you go find posts where folks are having trouble with D1 dvr's and 720p systems. One post is meaningless. Stop purposely misrepresenting facts. Go sell your D1 junk someplace else.

There is another thread of today. Please read

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48877

I may recommend that HD Analog, specially 720P, has become very cheap and rugged. Why paying more for the trouble, 4MP cameras which are using the very same sensor of 720P cameras?

There is another thread of today. Please read

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=48877

I may recommend that HD Analog, specially 720P, has become very cheap and rugged. Why paying more for the trouble, 4MP cameras which are using the very same sensor of 720P cameras?

One thread and you like it in every post. That user has a network or hard drive problem. Stop misleading. The cameras do not use the same sensor. How far will you China scammers go to promote and peddle your junk.

Hello,

I am looking to install an Outdoor Camera system for my home. This would be a 8 Camera system for a home roughly 3000 sq. ft. My budget per camera would about $400. I would like a camera that has amazing crisp quality with the ability to zoom in to a license tag or face if needed. Example of need: my mailbox is 150 ft. away from the house, I would like to get some quality coverage on it. The sides of my house and lot are pretty long stretches, about 150-200 ft. as well. I know night quality will not get even close to that, but I would like to see Day use be able to handle that. Please help me by telling me your recommended technology (IP, HDSDI, CVI, TVI, AHD) and a specific camera. Thank you in advance, your time is really appreciated.

David

Hey David

These are some of the cameras that you can consider installing. Take a look into this..

1. 420TVL 8 DOME CAMERA 15M IR DAY / NIGHT NETWORKED CCTV SYSTEM WITH SMART PHONE ACCESS

2. SONY EFFIO 700TVL 8 CAMERA 3.6MM 20M IR DAY / NIGHT NETWORKED CCTV SYSTEM WITH SMART PHONE ACCESS

3. Swann’s 8 Channel 1080p Full HD SDI Security System with 2TB HDD & 8 x 1080p HD Cameras