Matiw

A IP-camera installation project for 24 cameras, help needed

Dear forumers,

I am new to this forum. I am an IT professional; I am given a project to install an IP-camera system in a factory, and to this end, I need your help.

I have a project to install 24 IP-cameras in a factory compound. The factory is 100 meter by 200 meter in dimention. The 24 cameras are distributed within the compound in an irregular manner. To reduce the cabling, I would like to use a single cable from the viewing computer (or DVR), and divide the cable at each Camera location using a POE Switches. For ecample, when I reach camera A, I use a Switch to split the cable and send one cable to Camera A, and the other cable will keep on going until I reach camera B. Then I split the cable using another POE switch, send one cable to Camera B and go on until I reach camera B, and so on.

- Can someone please tell me if this is possible ? Will the computer be able to identify the signals from each camera and display the video separately ? (remember that only one cable was taken from the computer initially which was then divided using Switches)

- Will the network cable have enough bandwidth to accommodate all those signals ?

Also, please tell me which IP camera System from which campany will fit my project.

Thank you very much

Matiw

Hi being a IT PRO you should know how to do a reliable local network

You are only talking 100 m your switch idea is right but I would group an area and run back to recording with each switch cable

Over your 100m there are some Poe plus data daisy chain cameras out now

1st camera 100m and daisy upto 300m

IP Cameras are simply little networked computers using the TCP/IP protocol. They identify with the network (and the NVR) by IP address, subnet mask, MAC address, etc. So wire the data cables up very similarly to how you'd wire up networked PC workstations in those locations.

The difference is on the final wire to the camera, you want power on that line too...so a POE switch (or POE injector) for that final cable to the camera.

For bandwidth, you can specify per camera how much bandwidth. Google "camera bandwidth calculator" to see a number of simplistic estimates. If you're on a 100Mbps network, then you'll be looking to economize your bandwidth. If you're on gigabit...then you've got a whole lot more headroom.