Arstron

Genetec 5.2 and out of memory errors

We have been having some issues with our workstation for a while, we get crashes, out of memory errors, etc, however the frame rate when viewing cameras is descent. I received the error (attached) the other day and was wondering if anyone here has experienced these issues and could suggest anything that might help us out.

Our system specs is as follows:

Intel 3770k cpu

16gb of ddr3

Nvidia Quadro k1200

Capture.thumb.PNG.4b91b2afb4b371188f4392d3383b1023.PNG

Actually 5.3 SR3 is the latest version.

Is this a server only or is it used for Security Desk too? What are the Security Center symptoms? Lagging video?

How many cameras? Anything changed recently? Added camera, changed resolution / frame rate?

Do you have an SMA with Genetec? That would solve most of your problems.

Actually 5.3 SR3 is the latest version.

Is this a server only or is it used for Security Desk too? What are the Security Center symptoms? Lagging video?

How many cameras? Anything changed recently? Added camera, changed resolution / frame rate?

Do you have an SMA with Genetec? That would solve most of your problems.

This is only used for Security Desk, all videos are smooth for the most part and keep roughly 30 cameras (mixture of high and low resolution) pulled up at any given time. Right before the program crashes, Changing tabs will come become slow, pulling up card holders becomse slow, and moving cameras around will lag. This has been going on for over a year.

We are using 5.2 SR 8 on a fresh install of windows 7 64 bit. We do have an SMA, but I am just looking for some outside oppinions

The SMA is your answer. Genetec tech support is hard to beat. They will remote into your server and can usually pinpoint the problem rather quickly. Nothing better or quicker than the direct support they will provide. And after paying for the cost of the SMA, you desire it.

The SMA is your answer. Genetec tech support is hard to beat. They will remote into your server and can usually pinpoint the problem rather quickly. Nothing better or quicker than the direct support they will provide. And after paying for the cost of the SMA, you desire it.

I believe you have to be Genetec Certified to call tech support.

Which I am BTW.

Genetec still uses 32 bit processes which can run out of memory even if the workstation still has plenty. My guess is that your Security Desk is not configured for out of process media components. By enabling this option, videos will be decoded and rendered in their own process instead of inside the SD process. This should prevent OOM errors. In SD, options > video > advanced settings > out of process media components, toggle the switch.

First thanks everyone for suggestions and your help. As far as I know our integrator is the only one that can call Genetec. Also getting the software upgraded is about like pulling teeth. We was at 5.2 sr10 before they decided to reinstall windows, but had some kind of issue getting sr10 installed after the reinstall so went with sr8 instead. I would love to have 5.3, really like some of the new features it brings, but we are stuck with what we have.

Genetec still uses 32 bit processes which can run out of memory even if the workstation still has plenty. My guess is that your Security Desk is not configured for out of process media components. By enabling this option, videos will be decoded and rendered in their own process instead of inside the SD process. This should prevent OOM errors. In SD, options > video > advanced settings > out of process media components, toggle the switch.

I do have the out of process media component on with all in the same process off and Components per process at 6. I found this setting last year, it did help, but still there are issues. I have played around with the Components per process setting some, but if anyone has a suggestion I am open to try it.