LeonPhelps

Need Help with GE Storesafe

Hi all, I just found this wonderfull site. Wish I had found it sooner there is alot of great info here, although I have alot of reading to do. Anyways on to my problem. I have a Ge 4ch Storesafe (Model#: dvr-4a-40) which I tried to flash a while ago. Now when I boot up it says Storesafe advanced V4.11a, then it says ERROR: No hard disk found. I tried replacing it with a new drive (exact same model) but havent had any luck. Is there a way to fix this myself, or do I have to take it in for repairs ????

Thanks in Advance

LP

Do you have the jumper pins set corectly on the HDD? If there is only one drive it most likely will need to be set to Master.

Hi, did you get this solved yet? Do you need assistance getting it on the network? Let us know ..

Rory

Is it connected to a router? What is it that is the problem as far as accessing it over the network? Do you just need to know how to set it up for the network first or will it not let you in there at all.?

Well if I could get into the dvr menu I could set it up, as I have done many times before. However the problem is that it was flashed with the wrong firmware. Therefore whenever I start the DVR it just says no hard drive even though the jumpers are set correctly.

Whoops, yeah sorry once its flashed with the incorrect Firmware thats pretty much it, need to send it back to GE .. i mean there must be a way around it, but they dont tell us that.

Rory

I've had a similar problem in the past with the older Rev LE DVMRe. It was flashed with the wrong firmware and this caused two problems;

1. The ethernet port was disabled on reboot. So there was no way to flash correct firmware.

2. The menu would not let me in to enable the ethernet port as it flashed up on the screen quite rapidly and the front panel buttons were all screwed up (Cam 1 button gave a #3 response etc).

To sort this out I opened the DVR and, after tinkering around for some days, worked out that the front panel ribbon cable to the motherboard had something to do with the workaround. The end result was that the workaround involved connecting an appropriate spare ribbon cable (from an old PC) between the motherboard and front panel and by cutting the first four wires from the right side of the cable (if facing the front panel) it stabilised the menu to the point that I was able to access the DVR's communication menu, enable the ethernet port (using the default IP settings), connect the PC and flash the right firmware. It worked out great. I can't say if this solves your particular problem but it may help someone else out who has unit in a similar state.

Sean