hollyoaks777

Is it against the law to put fake cctv camera pointing into

Hollyoaks , as I have mentioned almost all western countries have adopted the ruling that there is no concept of privacy when you are in a public place. Having said that there are a few things to be aware of. First is any child protection laws in your locality. The second is that while it is legal to film in a public place, what you do with that footage could be what runs you foul of the law. Blackmail , intimidation defamation etc.

The other trick is to say the cameras are to mitigate public liability (insurance) on your property or for health & safety purposes.

Here in Australia they have tried to wrap all this up with legislation but it comes down to this - if you calll it a security camera then you come under the security legislation. If you call it a safety camera then you dont.

Hollyoaks , as I have mentioned almost all western countries have adopted the ruling that there is no concept of privacy when you are in a public place. Having said that there are a few things to be aware of. First is any child protection laws in your locality. The second is that while it is legal to film in a public place, what you do with that footage could be what runs you foul of the law. Blackmail , intimidation defamation etc.

The other trick is to say the cameras are to mitigate public liability (insurance) on your property or for health & safety purposes.

Here in Australia they have tried to wrap all this up with legislation but it comes down to this - if you calll it a security camera then you come under the security legislation. If you call it a safety camera then you dont.

Nothing interesting would be on it at all just if someone is damaging my car. But you have mentioned something that I have never thought about. There's a kids school just up the road and it will capture their motion going by the car. I don't know if this changes anything. It's just the money, I paid for it, if they confiscate it. When I could have sold it and got some of it back. I never thought about the primary school!

Wow don't put your camera up if it stresses you out so much

Now forget your install what about the shop down the road or the petrol station what do you think they have to do when kids go past from school ???

DPA regarding children

No cameras in kids park

No camera to be used for children only

This thread now seems to be your looking to have someone else camera removed and your looking for a reason to how

Wow don't put your camera up if it stresses you out so much

Now forget your install what about the shop down the road or the petrol station what do you think they have to do when kids go past from school ???

DPA regarding children

No cameras in kids park

No camera to be used for children only

This thread now seems to be your looking to have someone else camera removed and your looking for a reason to how

Not at all Tom you're correct, I just thought that might change things. But that's it, it's settled going up no act to cover it persoal security camera, no signs and they can't do nothing.