Sign in to follow this  
jrmymllr

Xeoma's archive time off by an hour

I have Xeoma 15.10.22 running on Ubuntu Server, and typically use the client on Windows. It works quite well, but there's one thing that is starting to drive me nuts: The times in the archive are one hour behind. This issue makes no sense to me because the server's time is correct. The timestamp on each respective video capture MP4 is correct. Even the time of the last motion detect event on live view is correct.

I have watched live view until something trips the motion detect, noted that the time given on live view is the correct time, then went into archive and looked at the event and the time is wrong, one hour early.

I've been back and forth with Xeoma support on this, and while they are helpful, I thought this would be a simple thing and feel this must be a bug. But then why hasn't such an obvious issue been discovered already? I have verified the timezone and DST settings are the same on the server and client computer, and even changed both to UTC (on Xeoma support's advice) to no avail. The only way to make the archive time correct is to set the client computer's timezone to one that is one hour ahead of me.

Does anyone use Xeoma, and do you have this issue?

EDIT: I don't know if anyone cares, but when I upgraded to the new just released version, this problem went away. Shame on Felenasoft for not knowing of this bug they had already fixed.