Sign in to follow this  
BrownChiLD

upgrade standard CCTV to work for freezers?

Hi Guys,

I know there are specialized cameras for freezers and cold storage deployments, but I was wondering if there was a way we can upgrade any standard CCTV/IP cameras to work well in below zero applications?

Perhaps assemble a sort of heating plate and special casing with fan for the camera? What does the camera need to be freezer ready?

Regards

Hi Guys,

I know there are specialized cameras for freezers and cold storage deployments, but I was wondering if there was a way we can upgrade any standard CCTV/IP cameras to work well in below zero applications?

Perhaps assemble a sort of heating plate and special casing with fan for the camera? What does the camera need to be freezer ready?

Regards

Most cameras can handle well below freezing..the issue you may have is condensation forming...they have cameras with heaters built in..you dont want to mess around making your own..

If your camera is a box type, a good sealed box enclosure with rated internal heater and blower assembly will work in a freezer.

If your camera is a box type, a good sealed box enclosure with rated internal heater and blower assembly will work in a freezer.

I see, yeh we can probably doo this..

Hi Guys,

Regards

Most cameras can handle well below freezing..the issue you may have is condensation forming...they have cameras with heaters built in..you dont want to mess around making your own..

yeh the condensation is the issues we're getting .. we DO want to mess w/ our own haha. we just need to understand the concept and then DIY power baby