Sign in to follow this  
kenno

Question about a RJ-11 CAMERA AND RG59

Hello, I have a Ultrak UL-CVC1 PIR camera that has an RJ11 connector. Can I hook this up to my DVR system that used RG59? Is there a converter from RJ11 to RG59? In addition to the RJ11 connector there is also a connection block with 8 connections. the contacts are labeled:

Audio - no wire going to it

GND

SYNC

GND

+12VDC

IRIS

VIDEO

GND

Can I assumethat this camera has an AutoIris?

Ahat is the Vdeo contact used for?

can I hook up to RG59 to this camera?

What is the SYNC contact use for?

I assumethat I can use any of the GND's.

Does anyone have any documentation on this camera?

Thank you in advance

what you are trying to do is hard, hard, hard..especially when those type (RJ11) camera's are cheap. You could buy a decent "standard" camera and be happier....................

yes you can pull the video from with RG, but, the wiring will be interesting to say the least. I'd use a RJ11 telephone block to convert to RG.

SYNC was/is used to litteraly SYNC the camera(s) into the monitor/DVR system, especially when used with switching equipment. In the old days the switchers "fliped" from one camera to the next and had issues with the video not sync'n properly which resulted in a"squiggle" type video. Sync was used to align the video signal with equipment connected.

ASSume nothing........get the manual and figure out the connections FIRST or you will blow it up.