cbanks0311

Time Stamp loss when Backed up

I'm relatively new to the security camera world. Took me days to set mine up. Purchased my Samsung Techwin 16 channel DVR system at Sams Club. Comes with 10 cameras, currently only running 7. Remote viewing through the app is only supported when connected to the wifi at home, no where else. Still figuring that out. My real question is about the time stamp. I live in a nice neighborhood that brings criminals here. I have been getting videos of these guys but when I back it up to a thumb drive and then transfer to computer, it loses its time stamp. If its backed up to thumb drive and viewed while on the thumb drive, the time stamp stays on the video. The second i transfer it to the computer, it loses the on screen time stamp and only displays the file name. Any help please.

DVR is SDR-C5300

I plug my thumb drive into the back up port on the DVR, select backup and then back it up. Take thumb drive and plug into my computer and copy file over. When i view the video ON the thumb drive it shows the time stamp (picture uploaded). As soon as i copy the file over to the computer it doesn't show it anymore.

wont allow me to upload the AVI backup video file

Timestamp.thumb.jpg.f61070aa930157e41de01b32ce9d7924.jpg

What you see on the first screenshot seems VLC playing a video with subtitles. That "timestamp" seems to be from VLC, and not from the video.

See if there are any other files on the thumbdrive that you are not copying to the computer, maybe you have one with AVI extension and one with SRT extension?

just tested, checked, retested, rechecked while backing it up and seeing if any other files transfer. let me rephrase this now.

I can view the AVI file with VLC media player while its on the thumb drive and the video will show the date and time. As soon as i transfer it over, i lose it.

the picture attached are all of the files that come with the backup

files.thumb.jpg.6f484f053282057e787cf5c218c7f879.jpg