Sign in to follow this  
peterdewolf

Audio in conundrm

I just got a Foscam f19900p. It's an awesom wee camera for the price. It has an audio in phono/rca connection so I can hook a CCTV mic to it. So I hook a standard male Phono/rca cable to the mic Phone connection, a nice snug fit but the female RCA connection on the camera is too slack for my cable to fit snugly ? I've trawled a little and it sems there are 3.175 and 3.5 mm standards for phono connectors !! So it seems that the mic has 3.175 connectors which fit my audio cables perfectly bu the camera definitely has a larger dia female phono connection, probably 3.5mm dia ??? SHEESH !

I've trawled till im blurry eyed but I cannot find a phono connector that has 3.175 on one end and 3.5 on the other. Can anyone suggest a solution. Foscam so far have not commented.

I just got a Foscam f19900p. It's an awesom wee camera for the price. It has an audio in phono/rca connection so I can hook a CCTV mic to it. So I hook a standard male Phono/rca cable to the mic Phone connection, a nice snug fit but the female RCA connection on the camera is too slack for my cable to fit snugly ? I've trawled a little and it sems there are 3.175 and 3.5 mm standards for phono connectors !! So it seems that the mic has 3.175 connectors which fit my audio cables perfectly bu the camera definitely has a larger dia female phono connection, probably 3.5mm dia ??? SHEESH !

I've trawled till im blurry eyed but I cannot find a phono connector that has 3.175 on one end and 3.5 on the other. Can anyone suggest a solution. Foscam so far have not commented.

Hi. The foscam does not have RCA on it . They are both mono jacks

Tom, thanks for that advice, the camera is now sending audio along with the video. A couple of questions if you don't mind. This is a CCTV mic, powered with the same voltage as the camera. It seems VERY sensitive, ambient audio seems to be swirling around all the time as if the gain was maxed out and there is no way to adjust the gain. In Foscams browser interface the volume control does nothing. The interface can turn the audio off or on but the slider does nothing.

Second question. Why does the camera have a P2P option. That's about file sharing isn't it. How would I use that option ? The CD they sent is useless, every file on it is damaged and won't open. Other than that is a belter for the money, got 8x optical zoom. The wireless capability is the best I've owned so far, no trouble seeing througn walls etc over 20ft away. So I'm impressed so far.