dtdoak

Help - Camera only showing image when in night mode

I'm very new to CCTV.

I have GV-800 card and I'm using an AD-A200IR day/night dome armor camera with RG-59 cable. The cable is only 20' long so I can test the camera. Unfortunately the camera is only showing a picture when the IR LED's are on. When I move the camera to brighter light/daylight the LED's kick-off and the picture is lost. The picture in GeoVision has white across the top 1/4 of the screen with black from the bottom up.

Would anyone have any idea why the camera is not working in daylight? I have tested 2 cameras and the results are identical. I'm not sure if it's a cable, camera or software problem. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

yes, there is a (usually plastic) phillips screw head that adjusts the luminance put out by the camera.........that can be adjusted. If that does not work the camera is bad. This adjustment is very sensitive so be sure to recheck in both lighted and dark before remountin it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I took a look at the camera and I do not see and screw or anything that would allow for a luminance adjustment. Any other thought.

I realize these cameras are lower end, but I just wanted sometine simple for around my house. Would recommend any other lower end camera with IR capability?

Thanks again for the reply.

bad camera..............I recently had one also and it was sent back. Everytime it was in daylight it went black.

take a small TV outside or where there is alot of light, plug the camera direct into that with a short piece of RG59 or RCA cable, and see if it still does it. You dont want to troubleshoot the camera hooked up to a DVR. More than likely some problem with the Iris on the camera though (lens or EI), not sure what type of lens this camera has so cant say.

Rory