Sign in to follow this  
VikkiLee

help connecting DVR to macbook

Hi all, I'm new to the forum and a novice with cctv/dvr technology. I need to retrieve images from 6th November from my DVR but playback says the data isn't there so I guess it has been overwritten. I've stopped recording but struggling to talk to the cheap box from China that has made me feel safe in my home this last year and really need help!!

Thanks to this forum i have found software to download to try and get the data back. I plugged the vgr cable from the dvr not my macbook but no drive came up to retrieve in data recovery programme. I'm scanning away but think it is only scanning my laptop and not the dvr.

how do i connect the dvr? do i need to take it apart?

Hey, do you record footage directly to the hard drive? If so you may connect the DVR's HDD to the PC using SATA, for example. Then load the recovery software in the Windows, and see if this helps.

I do record directly to the hard drive, but as I'm not confident taking the unit apart and really need working cctv at the moment I have resigned myself to not getting the evidence I need on this occassion,

many thanks for the help