neo12345

Tail Light Glare

Hi guys, a noobee here on this forum, I hope somebody can help me out.

So I've just installed a new 2.8mm exir hikvision ip cam pretty high up on the wall to face my back yard. I've been using the motion sensor on the Hikvision NVR which works fine during the day, HOWEVER during the night (obviously in b/w mode) I found it keeps picking up relfection/glare from cars goin passed. It would literally record every car that has gone past, despite not actually seeing much of the vehicle at a distance. I believe this is because the relfection/glare (kind of white spots from the tail light) would go past from one side of the camera to the other.

Can somebody help me suggest what I can do to stop this from happening, obviously this is filling up my inbox with useless detections.

The camera over looks 3 walls (Left wall - where a main road is, Back wall -alley way, and the Right wall - Neighbour)

Look forward to your responses and your opinions. Thanks

Not knowing your exact setup I would look and see if the camera would allow you to block out areas where you do not want motion detection to trigger the recording it may be your area of interest so that may not work It may just be a matter of deleting video more often than you would like.

Thank you for your response guys, though I have already set up the motion sensor to detect only my back yard. Cars that go past on the main road (which I had no intention of recording) seem to give of a flare/reflection which shoots across from one side of the screen to the other, hence the useless recording.