hxdrummerxc

Can anyone recommend a good/cheap 8ch NVR

Hello

I am trying to purchase a NVR for my parents house. At my house I currently have a Dahua Tribrid DVR that I like...... But I was switching over from an old analog system.

This will be the first system at my parents house, I want and NVR because I plan to run the Ethernet cables myself for the POE cameras. I already have the cable, the RJ-45 ends and crimp tool. So it should be fairly easy.....

But im not sure what NVR to get. It doesn't need to be crazy good, but here is what I need:

- 1080p IP cam support (I will probably only use 3mp cams IF THAT)

- 8 channel

- at least 2-4 alarm inputs for future motion detectors (I won't be installing these right away)

- Support for only 1 or 2 HDDs is fine, its just a house. A single 8tb would even be fine

My price point is around $200-300 for just the NVR WITHOUT a HDD is fine.

I was looking at the Dahua NVR4208 which can be had for around $250

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/nvr420842164232-8p-640.html

I was also looking at a couple of hikvision NVR's, but it seemed that they were a lot more money ($600-700) even for similar specs as the Dahua. Which is over my budget.

Does anyone have any experience with the Dahua NVR4208-8p?

Or can anyone recommend another NVR?

Look at the Hikvision 7608. Quick loop around shows you can get true English model without HDD for $350. They can handle (2) 4TB drives

Look at the Hikvision 7608. Quick loop around shows you can get true English model without HDD for $350. They can handle (2) 4TB drives

Thanks, That one doesn't look bad..... But it doesn't have alarm inputs

I found this Samsung SRN-873S

http://www.a1securitycameras.com/samsung-srn-873s-1tb.html?gclid=CjwKEAiAy7SzBRD_lv7quOnr6XUSJAAOLkW6UPjADwH6OT4cy7DJc5VOQ8GrOwaSnyrZaiOmJAjl_xoCFjHw_wcB

So far its between the Dahua NVR4208 or that Samsung. I wonder if either NVR will use other branded IP cameras than their own? Because Samsung cameras can tend to be a little bit more pricey.

Hi. Go with another dahua since you know how to work them

Plus you can monitor your parents system with yours if they ever go away and same with your system