Sign in to follow this  
Huskerfanca

New Seurity Camera Install

1) Should i be concerned with type of cable for cameras f the length of run is under 100 feet?

2) Does it matter RG59 or RG6?

3) What brand compression BNC connector do i use?

4) Any input to what i need to watch for?

1) Should i be concerned with type of cable for cameras f the length of run is under 100 feet?

2) Does it matter RG59 or RG6?

3) What brand compression BNC connector do i use?

4) Any input to what i need to watch for?

If you are running new cable for a new install use ethernet cat5e/6..you are best off with an ip system on a new install. If you insist on analog, look at TVI/CVI systems that are HD and simply use Baluns at the ends. Do NOT buy cheap cable on ebay etc...make sure its solid cable and COPPER not copper clad aluminium (CCA) which is junk.

+1. You will quickly regret not going with Ip cameras, since they have much better resolution and in most instances cheaper than an analog for the same application

I stand corrected. A 1.3mp bullet Hik from a US distributor is about $115. An equivalent analog Hik is around $56. I did not realized how much analog cameras dropped in price over the last few years.

When I converted from analog to digital, the analogs were actually more than the digitals, although I was buying 1000TVL and most IR I could find in order to get a good video.

Where I work there about 20 of us with camera systems and everyone that went analog wished they had gone digital once they see the comparison in video quality.

I stand corrected. A 1.3mp bullet Hik from a US distributor is about $115. An equivalent analog Hik is around $56. I did not realized how much analog cameras dropped in price over the last few years.

When I converted from analog to digital, the analogs were actually more than the digitals, although I was buying 1000TVL and most IR I could find in order to get a good video.

Where I work there about 20 of us with camera systems and everyone that went analog wished they had gone digital once they see the comparison in video quality.

The price has come down to less U$20 for analog cameras. HD_AHD/HD-TVI 720P cameras are almost in the same level, as you may see on the internet market.