Sign in to follow this  
demigod999

Technology needed to create multiple CCTV channels

Not a security setup but I have an old 1980 Sony Trinitron TV that has buttons for around a dozen or so channels. Is there any affordable tech available that could simulate/grant me the power to setup/broadcast at least 4 CCTV channels? This would be done via coaxial I was imagining, with the goal of being able to switch between these discrete channels via the buttons on the TV. I'm also curious how I would be able to assign content to each channel.

Why would you want to do this? The power consumption of the TV alone makes it not worthwhile, setting aside many other issues. IT would make more sense of you told us the purpose of this setup?

Why would you want to do this? The power consumption of the TV alone makes it not worthwhile, setting aside many other issues. IT would make more sense of you told us the purpose of this setup?

It would be to simulate an adult video arcade booth for an art installation.

you need a ChannelPlus 5545. 4 analog channls in, one cable TV connector with 4 channels out. they need a blank channel in between, so 21 - 23 -25 -27 workx. Less than $200 new, ~$100 used on eBay, mine have worked for 10 or 15 years now.

I put my outdoor 5545 on one leg of a cable TV splitter, my antenna on the other leg, using the splitter as a combiner and using the input as an output. works fine.

Edit: Look at the ChannelVision E4200IR:

http://channelvision.com/product/4-input-rf-modulator/

same idea, with a digital readout indicating channel number