Sign in to follow this  
dnfakrnl

Question about AVE VSI-PROMAX and connecting it to 2 cameras

I'm working on a gas station right now. I was asked to take a look at the camera on top of the register so I took a look and the powers were dead.

So I got the new rg-59 in and it's working again.

However, the guy is asking me why aren't the texts being displayed. I told him I don't know that's not my issue, since he only told me about fixing the camera and I had no idea he had the text inserter activated.

Now he is asking me if I can get the text to be displayed again. Then he told me that 2 cameras on top of the registers were activated with VSI-PROMAX.

Thus, I expected 2 VSI-PROMAX but I only found one.. Is there a way to connect 2 cameras with a single text inserting device?

The device has 1 video input and 1 video output. I know input goes the camera and output goes to DVR/Monitor.

I want to know the ways! Please guide me!

Hi. When you installed the new cable did you go from camera to the pos unit or direct to recorder .

That unit will not take two cameras only one but with two till data feeds

Hi. When you installed the new cable did you go from camera to the pos unit or direct to recorder .

That unit will not take two cameras only one but with two till data feeds

The camera went directly to DVR. What does two data feeds mean?

Is there a way for me to get both cameras to be displayed with text even if it didn't go to pos unit?

Hi. Camera needs to go to CAM IN on your AVI unit or it can't send its display CAM OUT goes to dvr

Since one of the camera is already activated with the text inserter I'm assuming it's connected properly. I can't seem to find the cables though. I don't even think the camera is connected to video input of text inserter but it's somehow working.

I wanted to know if there was some other way it's done.

Such as, having a hub in the middle that is connected with text inserter's video input and output and camera in out also connected to it, then the hub goes to the DVR?

I am really new to CCTV world so please don't yell at me =[

Hi. Camera needs to go to CAM IN on your AVI unit or it can't send its display CAM OUT goes to dvr

Since one of the camera is already activated with the text inserter I'm assuming it's connected properly. I can't seem to find the cables though. I don't even think the camera is connected to video input of text inserter but it's somehow working.

Such as, having a hub in the middle that is connected with text inserter's video input and output and camera in out also connected to it, then the hub goes to the DVR?

Hi. It sounds like you have two AVE UNITS with your customer having said both used to work

You say you needed to change the cable for the cameras work ...... And you went direct from camera to dvr and not to the AVE unit

This tells me that the AVE unit has lost power and that will also switch camera image off.

How many pos systems are at the store ?

Hi. It sounds like you have two AVE UNITS with your customer having said both used to work

You say you needed to change the cable for the cameras work ...... And you went direct from camera to dvr and not to the AVE unit

This tells me that the AVE unit has lost power and that will also switch camera image off.

How many pos systems are at the store ?

I don't think there are any POS system. Just two cash register.

As in AVE unit, are you referring to Video Input?

Yes video in on your AVE ...... Video out Then goes to dvr

Cash registers (pos) ... If you have two then you have an AVE for each register and 1 camera for each