Sign in to follow this  
colditalianpizza

Looking for Feedback on GW Security

I'm shopping for a 6 to 8 camera home video system (NVR) and came across GW Security. A few reviews seem to indicate high quality materials but their website refers to their "overseas manufacturing partner" which sounds like they source from the same place other brands source from (China, presumably). I read very mixed reviews on Lorex, Swann, Night Owl, DLink, etc., but not much out there on GW. I DID read good things about Hikvision but don't see many complete package offerings from them.

My desired specs are 6 or 8 cameras, full outdoor, weatherproof, high to decent pixel count (GW has a 5MP setup that looks good), motion sensor cameras (at least four), NVR capture with typical web access, fully wired (not interested in wireless for this application), and durable. I'm fine with paying a couple hundred bucks extra for quality.

Anyone have knowledge/experience with GW Security?? Any well-made, full NVR systems you think are top-notch??

Thanks.

CIP

I'm shopping for a 6 to 8 camera home video system (NVR) and came across GW Security. A few reviews seem to indicate high quality materials but their website refers to their "overseas manufacturing partner" which sounds like they source from the same place other brands source from (China, presumably). I read very mixed reviews on Lorex, Swann, Night Owl, DLink, etc., but not much out there on GW. I DID read good things about Hikvision but don't see many complete package offerings from them.

My desired specs are 6 or 8 cameras, full outdoor, weatherproof, high to decent pixel count (GW has a 5MP setup that looks good), motion sensor cameras (at least four), NVR capture with typical web access, fully wired (not interested in wireless for this application), and durable. I'm fine with paying a couple hundred bucks extra for quality.

Anyone have knowledge/experience with GW Security?? Any well-made, full NVR systems you think are top-notch??

Thanks.

CIP

They are junk....there is more to a camera than the mp rating...in fact a higher rating MAY be worse in low light depending on the camera. You need to start reading the forums and do more research.

Hi. GW security ..... Used to be call shoppingcctv also called something else

Basic web shopping security checks are Google there phone number .... Look for addresses or check how long website was built and who owns it

But a very basic check is the company email address .... If a company uses a gmail account on its own company website is never a good thing

Thanks.

CIP

They are junk....there is more to a camera than the mp rating...in fact a higher rating MAY be worse in low light depending on the camera. You need to start reading the forums and do more research.

Thanks Boogieman. Any brand you might suggest? I'm reading and digging around but the forum has a LOT of specific topics. I'm simply looking for suggestions of a solid manufacturer of a complete system beyond the Swann/Lorex/CrapX/BestBuy/Walmart stuff. Is that my problem...looking for a complete system? Maybe I should build instead of looking for a package? At work I have a Digital Watchdog, S2, and Vicon camera setup (two separate systems--one for access control and 42 camera controller [Vicon cameras and S2 controller] and one Digital Wathdog DVR with 4 Vicon cameras in a separate area) but my vendor isn't too versed on home systems.

Appreciate any feedback.