Sign in to follow this  
polar59

New to security camera systems; need advise

I want to install a security camera system. I'd like to have 4 cameras that can view/record day/night at 50-75 ft minimum with reasonably good clarity. I'd like motion detection on some of the cameras but not all. I don't see a need for wireless and can run wiring in the attic. My budget is roughly $500. I'd like your thoughts on what system and features I should be considering. Thanks in advance.

If you go for 4Ch analog systems, you can do with less U$300, including, DVR, HDD and Monitors. Make sure the DVR can do recording 960H or D1 format.

With more budget, you can go for HD-Analog systems. These have 3 different types: HD-CVI (Daua), HD-TVI(HikVision), HD-AHD(NextChip, and other vendors). These 3 are not compatible each other. So you have to match the cameras and their DVR. You may check with "Lorex".

I want to install a security camera system. I'd like to have 4 cameras that can view/record day/night at 50-75 ft minimum with reasonably good clarity. I'd like motion detection on some of the cameras but not all. I don't see a need for wireless and can run wiring in the attic. My budget is roughly $500. I'd like your thoughts on what system and features I should be considering. Thanks in advance.

Please ignore all posts recommending low resolution analog crap.

You can buy this 4 camera 1080p HD IP system for 299. Just add a hard drive. The cameras and NVR are made by hikvsion. Use coupon code to get 100 off. Use a WD purple drive.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16881183059&cm_re=laview_4_camera-_-81-183-059-_-Product

Thank you both. Boogieman; when I looked at that link, I see a LaView LV-KN988P86A4 on newegg for $749. Is that the link you intended to post? Your post mentions a $299 price.

Thank you both. Boogieman; when I looked at that link, I see a LaView LV-KN988P86A4 on newegg for $749. Is that the link you intended to post? Your post mentions a $299 price.

The sale is over...it jumped to 749 but its now 399..