nikau

CCTV standards in Iran

Hi guys,

at this time, i'm writing CCTV specification for a iranian project. Does somebody have some infortmations about the standards in this country?

Thanks

nikau

Funny. Although a misconception since Explosion Proof cameras, housings, etc are not designed to withstand an explosion but to prevent an explosion from an electrical spark. As far as Iranian standards they should be using 220vac, PAL compatible equipment.

ok, then how about some balistic cameras, Extreme just came out with a new one, im going to get my hands on it, if it isnt too expensive!

Im actually starting to sell more vandal resistant housings now, like EMI 12 Guage as its no more expensive than a regular housing, but stronger.

Uhmm, are you all forgeting something?

A little word called "embargo"

No US company is allowed to coduct business in a country that the State Department has on their "embargo" list.

If I were you, I would find out if you are even allowed to do anything over there before you end up in jail.

AV Consulting is correct, the biggest misconception is explosion proof is perceived as having to do with explosives when it solely relates to electrical issues.

With respect to standards Iran and Iraq both are SECAM.

SEquential Couleur Avec Memoire

625 Lines, 50 Fields, 15.625KHz line, Sub-Carrier 4.250MHz & 4.406MHz

others in the Middle East are PAL, PAL-M, PAL-N

I forgot to mention you should be aware there are many versions of SECAM such as MESECAM which uses AM sub, then you get into variations of vertical and horizontal. Its difficult over there as it is the stone age in many respects and lack of standardization.

Thanks, we learn something knew every day

Who carries those lines of products, for their standards?

Just curious.

Thanks

Rory