MattVidionics

DVR card and software for a perfectionist!

I am looking to replace my WDT 2016 (Anykeeper) card. I have sent many emails to many suppliers, but I cannot make up my mind.

I feel a little guilty about asking questions about what 'I' want, but thereagain I do alot of research first, and try to help others on this forum with what I know!

Maybe I am too much of a perfectionist. I look at things and think "how can I make this better". That cannot be too much of a bad thing can it?

This is what I am after:

* De-interlace filter is VERY important (see image at bottom of page)

* The DVR computer is hidden, so I will be using the REMOTE APPLICATIONS for access to the DVR. Therefore, the remote software should be good (setting up, replay, live view).

* Inputs for 12-16 cameras.

* Video "timeline" is also important to me. It makes 'at a glance' viewing of last nights VMD/PIR recordings easy! (see image at bottom of page).

* Sending an Email (with snap-shot image) when an event happens (probably from an input).

* I will be using inputs (PIR's) and output relays. If they are built onto the card it would be a plus, but they can be seperate.

WORID-badimagewithnointerlace1.jpg

LBXRS-DVRrequirement-timelineexample1.jpg

I have looked at Geovision and liked it, but the playback software appeared a little simple with no timeline.

AverMedia looks good, and is an option.

Can anyone recommend anything else?

My current Anykeeper DVR card (with koditec s/w) fits the bill, but no more updates are available for my card and no de-interlace filter. I don't really want to spend alot of money replacing graphics cards to attempt to solve this problem-rather spend it on a better DVR.

Many many thanks

Matt

Ive always found it strange how the Expensive Higher Quality DVR cards dont have the Disk Map (what I call your Time Line ) while the budget cards do .. DigiFlower has it (also sold under Eclipse), and as you see AnyKeeper has it, so do a bunch of other budget cards. It cant be that hard a feature to add it ... anyway, good luck and let us know what you find .. if I got the SDK for Geo I would try some stuff .. but who knows when that will be

Hmmm, makes me think that I should just go out an buy another Anykeeper card with an updated firmware chip so I can get the software updates!

I have just checked out digiflower by the way!

How about those other budget DVRs that you mentioned?

Matt

DigiFlower, Anykeeper .. the others ive seen arent worth mentioning .. but there may be others .. i still like Geo, even though i come from the GE (Kalatel) side which always has had the Disk Map feature Local and Remotely ... Iview didnt have the Diskmap either .. Eclipse does which my colleague mostly uses, he also likes the time line .. but ill cut my losses with that to get higher quality images .. and something i can customise like crazy )))) (for now ...)