galen

DVR's which one??

I have taked to one person on this forum and he was very nice and had good info. He told me to post a question on a couple of units I'm looking at. I have a carwash and it needs to be updated. Old stuff thats 4 years old A single channel everfocus with an Advanced Technology Video DPX16 multiplexer behind it. This was a leftover from when I had a tape recorder. I'm real handly and I installed all the cameras and central power box. I even mounted a camera on my automatic. Just playing around. Cameras are addictive! I am looking at the Nuvico turbo 16200 and since I have been on here reading alot about different boxes, I see that this ICRealtime is very nice too. But I think its too pricey for me. Will the Nuvico be OK?

I have not had too much experience with the Nuvico DVRs, but I can tell you the ICRealtime DVRs are bulletproof. I have been selling them for awhile now and had a 0% failure rate on everyone in the field. They just don't go down. Please dont take this as a "Product Pimp" I just would like to voice my personal experiences with the ICR line. If you have any questions at all about the ICR DVRs please feel free to post them.

Thanks, I'm suppose to demo one from Issic in Arkansas Haven't done it yet. He may have called but I've been busy. Had trouble with my wireless connection at my business. I'll get that fixed later today then maybe I can see what it will do.

i would go with the ICR line without a doubt, there are easy to use good quailty and the support is top class, the flex are well priced i think, but if your looking for D1 Quailty you go with the pro line you might pay little bit extra but you get the ultimate in DVRS

Nuvico's are solid proven DVRs, cant go wrong with them. Otherwise there are many other choices of solid mid range DVRs that are just as good. I havent tested the IC ones yet so cant comment, but im sure they are decent also.

Thanks Rory, for the unbiased response. I know several are pushing the ICR but I'm not going to pay 4700 for a dvr. I don't care how nice it is. I just got a Pioneer Elite 50 plasma and didn't pay that.

If you want high end, I would suggest looking at the GE Kalatel DVRs ... or even Dedicated Micros .. Im pretty sure you can get either one of those DVRs you mentioned for half that price retail though .. . at least the Nuvico... if not then they are charging Bahamian prices! I know Nuvico is half the cost of the GE's and DMs. Take a look at the advertisers banners, they have a good selection of DVRs.

I(we) are a March Networks CSP. You ( and you Techs)are required to be trained in order to handle treir products. They run a tight ship. They're DVRs are ROCK SOLID. They also offer advanced replacement. That's not easy to find in the industry especially with everyone moving to a PC based system and OS. March's OS is embedded. So in the event of a harddrive failure all is not lost. All configurations can be backed up, and it's a modular design so in the even of a failure you don't have to send it back for repairs. If you Select a good CSP they will have you back up in no time at all. We also Sell GE/Kaletel, Video Insight, SAY, Pelco, and Lensec. The march networks DVR's blow them all away! March's DVRs even go to the extent of telling you yhay it has a problem.

if you think ge is high end and think ic is mid range then you need to actually try the ic dvr and then make comments like that.

I just pulled out a Ge out of a location because it was worthless. Client loved the IC / Hated the GE

What makes you even have the ability to say what line the IC is if you have not even used it?

What is the link for the IC?

I have seen the March Product, very nice indeed, every DVR comes with a UPS inside, you do indeed have to be trained in order to sell them, this means no backyarders selling thier product.

The new R% engine is pretty impressive, but the best thing about March Networks, beyond any doubt is the POS Integration, it is quite unique and very very powerfull.

I have tried GE and liked it, found it hard to operate at first, but after some time it really was a breeze, it has excellent resolution and some pretty coool features for a standalone DVR, I have seen one crash though, which I found dissapointing considering it was a standalone.

My faves in the Standalone world are:

Dedicated Micro's

GE/Kalatel

Bosch Divar

These are currently the three main players in the gaame that I know of!

check out securitymonster.com ..they have a good unit called jpeg2000. Solid, stable and affordable. his unit are not branded but the exact same unit is sold by samsung for like 6 times more...,,,good luck