macca

CCTV colour flicker, HELP!!!!

Hi Guys, just after some troubleshooting help, bought a Swann DVR4-4400 with two A850 720p cameras, they seemed to work okay for about 24 hours but have now developed some weird colour flickr/hue issue, the problem is present only through the day and is on both cameras, the power supply for both cameras comes with a splitter cable that runs both cams, if I unplug one of the cameras the remaining camera then goes perfect, and vice versa, I have been back to the seller (maplins) who have said its a problem with the power supply and have given me a replacement of slightly higher ampage to overcome to power issue, however this has made no difference still doing it, cant see it being the cameras themselves because as said once one is unplugged the other goes fine, im baffled, could it be the DVR or maybe the power splitter for the cameras. hope some pros on here can shed some light on this, oh yes and also just to mention when in night vision mode they are perfect no flickr or anything...

I have upload a little video so you can see what I mean.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIg2xGlRZg8

notice how the colour of the red audi and the wall to the left flickr the wrong colour.

thanks, Marc

The camera's by chance aren't pointing at each other are they? That's generally caused by an external 60hz interference, which is common when fluorescent lamps are present, but that can't be the cause in your situation.

Signal to color is very import on cameras , low light also will affect the color ,because the lower the light the color of the worse .Check your signal and your light .

Hi Guys, thanks for commenting. firstly no the cams are not pointing to each other or even in sight of each other and the, cant say as lighting is an issue really its fairly bright where the cameras are located through the day. once night vision kicks in I have no issues at all with any sort of flickering just woeks fine. one ther aspect, where the cabling come into the house its perhaps half a metre next to where the fibre broadband comes in could it be signal interference from the broadband fibre/coax signal?

ta, Marc