Sign in to follow this  
harveydent

mini IP camera module boards - how I can access them?

Hello everyone,

I am considering to buy some mini IP camera boards from china like below however some things are not clear for me.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Best-Quality-WIFI-P2P-Mini-8MP-IP-Camera-Module-Board-Remote-Real-Time-Monitor-CCTV-Security/32531245194.html?shortkey=zE7NrAbm&addresstype=600

My questions are the following:

1) How I can access the camera to setup wireless connection - does anyone have the experience with configuring it ? As I understand it has USB port available is there any software?

2) Is that camera stream RTSP to open it later in VLC for example?

3) How the configuration settings are stored there? If I set some wifi passwords there is some battery that preserve the settings like in CMOS battery for PCs or when I disconnect the power I'll loose my settings?

Many thanks for your explaination.

Hi tomcctv, thanks for your response - do you or anyone here any advice how to achieve similar product but with good quality ?

What I'd like to do you is to have mini camera that I can hide somewhere with the WiFi support and RTSP streaming feature. It would be good if I could customize the firmware

Even Chinese people buying goods here need to be aware that things can go wrong so everyone is uber careful when checking stuff. It is easier when people leave useful comments as they do on Amazon but on Aliexpress you never know if they are genuine comments and also some are in foreign languages too. Basically, "you pays your money and takes your chance" but since it is often less money, that is the gamble. Talk to the supplier and ask questions, thats what I do. They speak English or have someone who does.

If you can afford to lose the money, go for it and order from China. Sometimes you get a bargain.

I have bought all the things in my apartment from China, since I live there, and most of the stuff is fine. The workmanship is a little rough and they cut a few corners but generally it is OK. The sofa was fine, the table and chairs were fine, the bed was fine(after a replacement because they got the height wrong). You just need to check things thoroughly and complain is they dont get it correct, so more time has to be spent doing that. Also, it helps to order from Chinese Taobao since the prices are lower, comments are all in Chinese and you can often get a sense of how good the supplier is (although occasionally they make up and post their own comments too!)