Sign in to follow this  
woodworth

32 Inch Monitor

I just finished setting up a new camera system in one of our schools and I am wondering what tv or monitor would be best for the security guys. I currently am using a 32inch LG tv but when the cameras are shrunk down to fit 25 on the screen the picture looks very grainy. I imagine this is because of the pixel density on the tv. The computer resolution is set to 1920x1080 and the cameras are streaming at 1280x720. Would a tv in the link below solve my problems?

http://www.supercircuits.com/lg-32-in-full-hd-ips-led-lcd-monitor-32se3kb-b

Thanks

Jeremy

I don't think the TV is the issue. You are already using a full 1080 HD TV. My guess is it has more to do with your software. Often times there is a setting for what resolution the cameras display in when in a multiview environment. So even though your cameras are recording at 720, they may display at 320 when not in full screen. How does the picture look when you look at one camera full screen?

I don't think the TV is the issue. You are already using a full 1080 HD TV. My guess is it has more to do with your software. Often times there is a setting for what resolution the cameras display in when in a multiview environment. So even though your cameras are recording at 720, they may display at 320 when not in full screen. How does the picture look when you look at one camera full screen?

When i use the Multiview on a 20inch monitor it looks okay thats why i was thinking it was the tv. When viewing the cam full screen on the tv its looks okay but you are looking at much more then when they are shrunk down. I did confirm that the software is always streaming them at their full res regardless of the view, Video Insight said they are working on a way to change this, but they are full res.