fondoozle

Help With New System

Hello,

I am looking at getting four HD cameras (POE) for my house and I don't mind dropping 100 to 200USD per camera. These will be monitoring outdoors and need really good IR (long range).

I have a very new Win 10 i7 PC that is blazing and plan to do all of my recording on a 1TB drive from this box or can I use NAS for less bandwidth usage? Do I even need a DVR card for these types of POE cameras?

I need help with the following:

Awesome POE cameras

Awesome DVR card?

Software if needed?!

I want the best of the best but affordable and really don't know where to start. I have about 700 to 800 to spend on the system but don't need more than 4 cameras. Really good outdoor night cameras. There are so many brands I'm really confused at what to look at. Also do I go dome or bullet cameras? I need to be able to read licence plate numbers at about 60' as well on at least one of the cameras.

Any/all help greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

C

A few comments:

You only use DVR cards with analog cameras, not IP cameras. You mention HD and POE, so I assume you are wanting IP cameras.

Most IP cameras should come with software to use.

best of the best and $200 per outdoor camera with amazing IR distance is not going to happen. More like $500 and up.

License plate reading is not easy, especially at night. They make cameras specifically for reading plates, but they are expensive and basically just read plates, nothing else.

I personally prefer dome over bullet. I like that with a dome camera, people cant tell which way the lens is pointed. Also more vandal resistant, harder to tamper with. I have issues with spider webs with my bullet cameras. But of course dome costs more.

I use Geovision brand cameras.