Sign in to follow this  
freddy871

Advice for new residential setup

Looking to purchase a 3 or 4 camera HD CCTV system. Installed a swannview 960h for elderly dad a while back but looking for something a tad more robust as swann quality not too good.

Question for the masses is, can I get something decent (HD, WITH RECORDER ETC) for around £250 - £300) Been looking at Hikvision this for example.. http://www.cctvspot.co.uk/4ch-turbo-hd-hdtvi-dvr-kit-hikvision.html company advised the equipment as follows - Cameras, DS-2CE16C0T-IR. Recorder, Hikvision DS-7104HGHI-SH,, My Requirements are outdoor cameras (wall/under eaves mounted), HD Quality, recorder (not too fussed on drive being overwritten every couple of weeks) Remote access via apps, (preferably port forwarding direct to recorder) .Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also anyone used MBVision , based in Bulgaria.

Cheers J

The Hik's are fine quality and run a good value these days. The cams/NVR you gave the model #'s for are 720P...or about 1.0 megapixel. This will be a fair step up from the 1930's-resolution of analog that you already have. If you're thinking HD as in 1080P (about Blu-Ray quality), that's the 2 megapixel range. Most of my customers are going with 3MP or 4MP this past year.

Of course, cost goes up as we move up the resolution food chain...and you'd want an NVR matched to your cams too.

But the Hik hardware and software will meet your criteria on recording, remote access, network connectivity, etc.

I'm not familiar with that specific seller...so the sstandard of looking at their service and/or return policies as sometime you do get a bum device out of the box.

Hi the company you list is 4 months old

Are you in Bulgaria or uk ?

Some internet shop advice ...... If websites do not have location address or use gmail or yahoo email then look somewhere else.

Im in UK good advice on th online shop.. so im on the right path.. thats good to hear.. truble i have is there are many many sets out there . amazon etc.. just knowing what is tat and what is ok for general use.