Simplyture

Setting up an ANPR system

Hello CCTV pros

It would be so awesome if you could help me in the process of designing the hardware setup for my startup company

What I need is essentially a Camera that can record license plates(ANPR). I figured that the best solution and most affordable solution is to buy a Camera that includes ANPR software, which i can install on a windows server.

The software must be able to capture all Arabic license plates, and European, and the cars will be entering parking facilities, so no need for high speed capture.

Currently i'm looking at these solutions:

- Dallmeier(german manufacturer)

- ARH

- Hikvision

- Geovision

- Avigilon

Both Dallmeier and Avigilon seem expensive.

Would it make sense to just buy the Avigilon ANPR software, and then a high quality bullet camera from some other manufacturer?

What would you guys recommend ?

I am interested in the same thing. It seems that Hikvision included ANPR feature into their latest Darkfighter and Lightfighter cameras. Has anyone tested these?

I would like to use one such camera for a driveway to get an alarm when a car enters that is not on the white list. I would just connect one of the cameras outputs to my alarm system - don't want to setup a PC just for ANPR.

I have a hard time finding a supplier of the Darkfighter and Lightfighter. Are they actually released?

Hello CCTV pros

It would be so awesome if you could help me in the process of designing the hardware setup for my startup company

What I need is essentially a Camera that can record license plates(ANPR). I figured that the best solution and most affordable solution is to buy a Camera that includes ANPR software, which i can install on a windows server.

The software must be able to capture all Arabic license plates, and European, and the cars will be entering parking facilities, so no need for high speed capture.

- ARH

- Hikvision

- Geovision

- Avigilon

Would it make sense to just buy the Avigilon ANPR software, and then a high quality bullet camera from some other manufacturer?

No you would need camera if you go with there ALPR solution. Another open you can look into that works with Avigilon is Platesmart.

Hello CCTV pros

- ARH

- Hikvision

- Geovision

- Avigilon

I know Xeoma does plate recognition, and possibly cheaper than Avigilon. I don't know if it does Arabic though. I couldn't find the price for Avigilon so it's probably expensive

Hikvisions ANPR solution works very well, with the darkfighter and lightfigher versions, for a cheap ANPR solution with great quality images, easy setup and use then you can't beat this.