ejalcctv

Superintendent's Surveillance System?

I'm a super in a multi-family building. The boss has given me permission to research a surveillance system for the public halls. As we have brick walls, I really don't want to run cables and the building is too big for a wireless system. Are there cameras that use an SD card, have motion detection and true 1080 HD ability in not too bright halls and can run on batteries?

The idea is that if something happens (a break-in, a phony slip and fall etc) that I can go grab the SD card later that day or the next day and review the video captured on my PC. I would need cameras with clear enough resolution that faces can be identified fairly well and as I said, the halls are not real bright, but I wouldn't need night vision as the halls are basically the same brightness night and day.

If there is a specific camera or brand that fits the bill, please let me know. Thanks.

I'm a super in a multi-family building. The boss has given me permission to research a surveillance system for the public halls. As we have brick walls, I really don't want to run cables and the building is too big for a wireless system. Are there cameras that use an SD card, have motion detection and true 1080 HD ability in not too bright halls and can run on batteries?

The idea is that if something happens (a break-in, a phony slip and fall etc) that I can go grab the SD card later that day or the next day and review the video captured on my PC. I would need cameras with clear enough resolution that faces can be identified fairly well and as I said, the halls are not real bright, but I wouldn't need night vision as the halls are basically the same brightness night and day.

If there is a specific camera or brand that fits the bill, please let me know. Thanks.

Forget it, you are wasting your time. Get someone who knows how to run cable and run ethernet to each location.

Hi. Looking at battery systems is a waste of your time and money .. You can do better for your boss if you get quotes in to do the job .

What is your boss given for budget ?

He said he'd like to keep it under $1500 and we'd probably need 8 cameras. That's why I had the idea of using the SD card cameras because cabling the building up with brick and 5 stories plus a basement would probably be $1500 or more for the cabling alone.

He said he'd like to keep it under $1500 and we'd probably need 8 cameras. That's why I had the idea of using the SD card cameras because cabling the building up with brick and 5 stories plus a basement would probably be $1500 or more for the cabling alone.

SD card cameras are not the problem .... But to not know if they are recording or have been removed .... Is also a waste of $1.500.

You need hard wired cameras or POE