Sign in to follow this  
duwilliams

Wireless Security Cameras with No Internet?

Hey guys,

I'm in need of a HD wireless surveillance system consisting of two cameras and a DVR in a location with no internet. What I would really like to do is find cameras that will communicate wirelessly with a router that the DVR is hooked up to. The only problem is I won't have internet access through the router so it's only function will be to allow for the cameras to stream their video to the DVR to be recorded. I need to acquire and store a constant video feed from all of the cameras for ~11 weeks straight. I will have access to the site so I can backup the recorded video files as needed if they fill up the storage on the DVR.

I'm very new to all of this and some of what I said might not be possible. I appreciate any advice you all can provide.

It's possible.

What we usually call a "router" in fact consists of several "parts" : modem, router, LAN switch and WiFi access point. You need only an access point to connect your system. Set IP address ,SSID, WPA encryption and that's it.

Sorry to go a bit offtopic.

DVR means you have a HDD to record on ?

What is the capacity to record of a system ? Let's say a 500 GB HDD means what on a 24h recording scale. 1 day , 2 ? 3?

I'm new to this...

Let' say two cameras.