tomclark

gDMMS

Hi, i'm Tom from the UK. Fairly new to CCTV but learning every day.

Just registered, although I have used CCTVForum for help when I installed my Dahua and 2 cameras. Thanks for that. I have managed to get remote and wireless access, after many hours changing numerous parameters.

So, now I can get access from work, using a ddns address, which has been helped by you guys.

But, I have not got a smartphone to work yet. I believe I can install gDMMS, but I am unclear as to how gDMMS works, does it use the 4g or wifi ?

I can get access to free wifi in many areas, so that would save on the 4g costs.

Any help gratefully received. Regards Tom

Just registered, although I have used CCTVForum for help when I installed my Dahua and 2 cameras. Thanks for that. I have managed to get remote and wireless access, after many hours changing numerous parameters.

So, now I can get access from work, using a ddns address, which has been helped by you guys.

But, I have not got a smartphone to work yet. I believe I can install gDMMS, but I am unclear as to how gDMMS works, does it use the 4g or wifi ?

I can get access to free wifi in many areas, so that would save on the 4g costs.

It can use both 4g & wifi as long as the dvr port has been forwarded correctly. So to cut cost don't view when on 3g

tomclark wrote:

msecure reply: It can use both 4g & wifi as long as the dvr port has been forwarded correctly. So to cut cost don't view when on 3g

tomclark response: Thanks for that msecure. So simple when you know how, so why is not in any of the gDMMS documents? Thanks again. Sorry about the layout- I have not figured how to insert in boxes!