Sign in to follow this  
YeahMon

Protection of my castle

I've been lurking here for quite some time. I wouldn't even bother asking, except I can't find the exact answers I am looking for. So here is what I want.

I need a minimum of 4 outdoor cameras. Going with Hikvision or Dahua.

One will be mounted on my front porch, approximately 15 feet from the front door, angled to see the entire porch, plus front yard, sidewalk, and driveway.

One will be mounted under the eaves of my garage, pointed down the driveway, approximately 50' long, and another in the same spot, pointed towards my back yard, which is about an acre.

One will be mounted under the eaves of my main floor above the basement, pointed towards my swimming pool and hot tub area. This one is extremely important in my array for obvious reasons. Need it to see out 50 feet.

One will be mounted under my deck, pointed at my lower deck/patio area and French door entrance to my basement. This area is approximately 12'x40'

Any other cameras would be bonus viewing, although not necessary.

I would like the 4 cameras to cover nearly every area of the home, which the selected mounting areas should allow.

I wish to be able to view the cameras on our mobile phones when away from home, and view on a television with either Chromecast or a Roku device while in my home.

A NVR is optional if needed. Recommendations for 8 channel?

Blue Iris support would be great.

I wish to use POE.

I am looking at 4MP cameras, so my first questions would be which lens? 2.8, 4, or 8mm?

Dome or bullet?

Who are authorized US distributors for Hikvision so I don't have to worry about firmware updates, or support.

Those are the priority questions to begin with. I guess this discussion might lead to more.

Thanks in advance for the help!

I already ordered what I think I'll need. I went with 2.8mm lenses. My budget was whatever it took to get what I wanted.

I ordered 4 Dahua 4MP cameras to start, and a Hikvision NVR. Should be good to go now.

Wow, thanks for all the suggestions. lol

Wow! a new member with 3 posts and a clear expectation that when I ask a question I expect an answer. I didn't answer because you already had your mind set on what you wanted for 90% of your install. I wont be answering any future posts either.