Sign in to follow this  
mmatarella

ISO QUIET camera for inside nanny cam duty on Swann DVR

I am looking for a quieter camera for my two indoor locations. The Swann cameras, the SR PRO-615cam, is a bit too loud for nanny camera usage. There are times when it flips back and forth several times when the lighting is borderline. It makes a very heavy click when shifting between day and night vision. I assume it's moving a filter. They are fine for my outside security locations but need something for inside that won't create such a racket when the grandchild is asleep.

The DVR is the Swann SWDVK-1632N8-US 16 Channel 960H DVR. I'd like something of similar resolution to the 615's. I can give up night vision if necessary, would be handy if they ran on same voltage & cable so I could use the Swann power and cable I have in place.

Pricepoint is part of the decision, would like to stay under about $50.00 each if possible.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Mark

Any analog 960H non IR camera (color only) will work for you or you can get one with an IR and OSD (On Screen Display) so you can disable/enable the filter settings to day/night or color only. Settings to color only will disable the true day night feature of the camera and eliminating the switching/flipping sound of the camera.

Like this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sunvision-1000TVL-HD-Night-Vision-1-3-CMOS-CS-Zoom-Lens-Dome-Camera-w-OSD-111-/121663058506?hash=item1c53aef24a:g:6t8AAOSwpdpVZqkW

Good Luck!